Meet Dr. Michael “Doc”Neeley
Certified Traditional Oriental Medicine practitioner.
Michael is one of a very small number of nationally board-certified Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine practitioners in the entire state of Alabama. He certified as an Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology Diplomat with National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). Michael also earned an additional acupuncture detoxification certification the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA).
Michael’s career path:
- 20 years as a professional pilot
- From there, he attended Calhoun Community College’s pre-med program
- He went on to attend Bastyr University in Seattle Washington, enrolling in both the Naturopathic Medical and Oriental Medical Programs
- He transferred to The Academy of Oriental Medicine in Austin, Texas (AOMA) where he graduated in 2001
- After graduation, he returned to his native home of Huntsville, Alabama and opened his first clinic in early 2002
- He possesses over 15 years of experience
At both Bastyr University and AOMA, Michael trained in diverse styles of acupuncture, most notably Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) – the primary system of Oriental Medicine used worldwide.
Michael’s technique is very gentle. He uses ultra-fine, sterile, single-use, disposable needles. He incorporates a blend of 5-Element as well as Traditional Chinese Medicine in all of his treatments. Additionally, he uses all other modalities of Oriental Medicine including Tui Na, Cupping, Gua Sha, and Moxibustion. Michael specializes in women’s health issues as well as cosmetic rejuvenation acupuncture.
He has long recognized the need for the health and improvement of the emotional body. To this end, he regularly refers patients to his wife Cindy for Counseling, Coaching, Rapid Eye Technology, The Emotion Code, The Body Code, and numerous other emotional supportive therapies.
“Dr. Neeley is the best. He had always shown a genuine love and care for my entire family. He is knowledgeable in the treatment of the body and I wouldn’t go to anyone else. He is now working with my husband who had a stroke three weeks ago. I feel very confident in the power and ability God has given him.”